I had never seen a picture of Belarus, now I can’t get it out of my head.
AS CLICHE AND AS VAGUE as it my be, the only word that comes to mind to describe this video is beautiful. Good old fashion beautiful. The filmmakers incorporate tilt-shift, timelapse and very impressive dolly work to create an experience that is gorgeous and over too soon.
I have to admit that I had little or no conception of the Eastern European Russian neighbor and had to resort to Wikipedia to fill in my general geographic ignorance.
I learned that the country once called the Byelorussian Soviet Socialist Republic, is 40% forest land and from the looks of this vid, the other 60% is lofty architecture and perfect pastures.
But seriously, Belarus looks awesome and I want to go as a part of a grand Eastern European adventure. Perhaps I will bike from Sarajevo to Moscow, or maybe I will just ride the train like a sane person.